Monday, February 1, 2010

only 26 more days till march!

Happy February! I wanted to post the 2010 February Calendar page today as its the beginning of the month. And to remind you that you've only missed one month of my 2010 calendar and its still not too late to jump on the bandwagon if you haven't yet!

That being said, I have never been a fan of February, this miserable little footnote to January during which I am always lured into buying the first batch of tempting spring clothes which I will hate by the time its warm enough to wear them. Aside from a few people whom I am glad to know who could not help but be born in this month, I can't think of any redeeming qualities to having an extra winter month thrown in the mix. I really am so opposed to February that it was actually the last one I drew for the calendar. I couldn't think up anything I like to do enough in this month to glorify by illustration. I was stumped... and getting angry just thinking about the fact that February was looming on the distant horizon of the next year.

But luckily I have a wonderfully creative coterie of friends. And one particularly clever individual named "X"... no really... came up with this idea for my February illustration. She reminded me that even though I plan to spend most of the next 26 days growing steadily more frustrated by my winter wardrobe, Feb is a nice excuse to hibernate with hot chocolate and good reading material. (Ideally magazines filled with clothes I should not buy until it is over 60 degrees out) So thank you to X for making this month seem a little more bearable!

2 comments:

  1. I love this illustration as well as the February 2009 page as well! I have it proudly displayed on my dresser. Since I live in Los Angeles, I can't commiserate on February winter weather, but I think a month with a cheesy holiday dedicated to love and a day off from work for Presidents Day is much to be grateful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your illustrations. I was given your calendar as a gift this Christmas, and their "whimsical chic" fashion style has attracted a lot of attention around my office. Keep up the inspiring work ... I just love to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete