Tuesday, March 23, 2010

denim done right

Day after day, I don't unsubscribe from Rachel Zoe's daily newsletter. I don't know why as it almost always irritates me. The things she suggests are usually about $2,000 out of my price range and 2,000 notches past my comfort level. And then she throws in a "ps" which suggests a cheaper option that is generally a perfectly hideous version of her pick. Really, I'd rather not see the miserable substitute option at all, it is just depressing. But today I was thoroughly pleased with what the cat dragged in....
It was this Acne/Lanvin denim dress. That was actually classy despite being denim... and one shouldered. One shouldered anything is so divine. I would probably wear a one shouldered trash bag if you made this garment for me. I inspected the acne/lanvin website and discovered that there is a whole slew of lovely denim get ups available. None of them look trailer park ready which I found quite refreshing. Something about the way the fabric is handled without an extreme amount of visible seams. Also, I am in love with the tongue-in-cheek backdrop the models are photographed against.

If you would like to buy a print of this illustration, click here!

2 comments:

  1. Can I get an "amen, sista!" So true regarding the RZ emails. Her options are never affordable, unless she is hawking her own QVC line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. as always, LOVE the illustration!

    ReplyDelete